As per Statist, there are more than 2.2 million applications accessible for iOS users and more than 2.1 million available for Android users. A report distributed by App Annie found that the normal smartphone proprietor utilizes a normal of 30 applications each month and nine every day, with most clients going through well more than two hours every day on their applications.
Needless to say, applications have turned into a necessary part of our daily lives, so it's nothing surprising that major organizations and small new businesses alike have made their advancement a central part of doing business. Too bad, not all applications can be effective and successful. In fact, there is a high possibility that your app will fail to produce buys or even the downloads expected to flourish. After all, while there are a huge number of applications accessible, the normal individual just utilizes a tiny fraction of them. In case you're not cautious, even the well-planned offering will get lost in an outright flood and go unnoticed, particularly if your application falls into the accompanying five deadly classifications.
Why do some mobile apps fail?
- Lack of market research – Some ideas is incredible in theory, but in reality, they make no difference in people's lives. Each and every project should be created from research, not just an idea that might be interesting. The lack of proper market research may be the main reason behind the failure of an application. In market research, some questions should be raised, among them: Does the app add value to people's lives? Do they solve any problems? Is it useful for users to make it easier to solve a problem?
Just imagine the usefulness of the app, and what people will really become adept at is not what you need. You need, in addition, to justify your application design in a structured way, paying attention to your competition, understanding your target audience and their needs, and strategizing for various scenarios.
- Not knowing the platform – When developing a cross-platform application, you need to understand the main differences between the platforms that will be used. If the application does not perform optimally on all platforms, we have a big problem and also are the main reason for our failure of an application. In the case of lack of optimization, some people may be annoyed by the performance of an app on iOS but not on Android.
The main way to avoid this problem is to hire a skilled team that has expertise in all the platforms you want to use. Thus, a detailed testing routine may be primarily responsible for ensuring that your application works optimally at all.
- Poor interface or comprised usability – According to surveys, more than 7% of cross-platform mobile applications fail because they have a poor interface and lacking usability. Users don't want to deal with hard-to-use tools, a lengthy login process, or a poorly performing application. This negatively reflects key application results. Therefore, you need to keep in mind to get rid of the failure of an application; you have to worry about the proper design, and a team ready to develop your app. It is also important to pay special attention to the positioning of the buttons, to value good images and easy usability.
- Inappropriate release – If you do detailed market research, develop your app within all best practices and take care of all the major design details, you will take care of much of what is needed to keep your app from failing. According to surveys, over 75% of people use apps installed for at least three days. Therefore, you need to make a good first impression in the first few days after launch. The key is surprising new users and getting them to use your app longer. If you fail to do so, you will probably lose their interest and in result failure of an application will likely occur.
- Not focusing on customer’s feedback – After launch, even if your app gets a large number of fans, you need to keep them. Therefore, it is critical to keep evolving your product, and the best way to do this is through feedback from your users. Read comments and suggestions they might make about the usability of your app, and pay attention to what can be done. It is also essential that you offer solutions to any problems that may arise. If your customers feel they are not being listened to, or if you do not offer news to keep them interested, you may lose all the initial work.
These are the main reasons that may cause your application to fail. Despite them, you should still pay attention to numerous aspects, which depend on the application you want to launch. Keep all these factors in mind and thoroughly analyze all aspects of your app. Apart from striving to make an app that stands out, it is also important to make planned moves and to be cautious about the strategies you deploy when deciding the market for your app.