We saw a lot of changes to the call center and customer experience landscape in 2018. Cloud communications and virtual agents were at the forefront of everyone’s minds, and social media was more important than ever. 2019 is shaping up to be the year of strategic thinking: better analytics, more intentional social media conversations and innovative ways to involve artificial intelligence.
Centers have shifted from straightforward telephone banks to offices that give a wide range of customer service administration crosswise over incorporated advanced stations. Innovation keeps on molding how organizations connect with customers and buyers, making new channels for communications and new opportunities to deliver an increasingly reliable and customized client venture.
Here are some favorite emerging technologies that are really benefiting contact centre operations:
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) – RPA motorizes each of the activities that are required to determine a client question – from the contact centre, back-office and beyond – in the snappiest time conceivable. By automating manual procedures – which are of a straightforward, transactional nature and require little subjective judgment – the contact centre can give counselors different assignments, of more prominent worth.
- This emerging technology is making the workforce more efficient. It reduces human errors in many processes, helping to prevent costly mistakes and consequently sustain high levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty. RPA likewise liberates employees from the weight of tedious, redundant assignments, enabling them to concentrate on performing more enjoyable tasks. This builds employee engagement and leads to better overall customer experience.
- Passive Voice Biometrics – Passive voice biometrics verifies every caller’s asserted personality during the first few seconds of a call through regular discussion with an advisor or even before the specialist picks the telephone. Likewise, this emerging technology can trigger consultant direction or extortion insurance activities when required, in a better path than the initial voice biometric executions, which for the most part included content ward speaker validation
- Passive voice biometrics brings the same advantages from prior biometrics frameworks; however, it is considered more accurate, precise and delivers more seamless customer experience. The benefits of this emerging technology in the contact centre include: speeding up traditional verification methods, being a proactive anti-fraud measure and enabling other secure services.
- Internet of Things (IoT) – The Internet of Things, with respect to the contact centre, includes connecting each contact centre framework, figuring gadget, and item together, via the internet. While the Internet of Things is something that huge numbers of us will have in our homes, to connect our telephones with our TVs, etc. it very well may be utilized to a similar impact in the contact centre
- As the Internet of Things is one of the emerging technologies continues to develop, forward-thinking contact centres are already seeing a number of benefits. One of them is it automatically detects problems. With this interconnectivity, call volumes will probably fall, there will be an increase in the number of information sources that are accessible for investigation and the contact centre can build its proactive commitment with clients.
- Smart Desktops – In many contact centres, counsels should utilize different systems to access all the fundamental client information. Be that as it may, a keen work area would:
Conceal design complexities
Utilize a solitary sign-on – for example, counselors don't have to sign into various frameworks
Utilize a Natural User Interface (UI)
Offer brilliant aides – which can dissect discussions and give advisors feedback
The main benefit of this emerging technology is that they reduce advisor effort by mechanizing, guiding, and presenting useful information about the customer and the query type. It helps to boost productivity while improving the flow of contact centres conversations.
- Wireless Headsets – This emerging technology enables employees to move around their work more freely. The most recent technologies provide a range of up to 150 meters without influencing call quality and, as office space is consistently being crushed, they are additionally centered around improving thickness without influencing the call understanding. By using wireless headsets, the contact centre is likely to see improvements in individual, collective productivity, and percentage of calls. Each of these factors will potentially result in a significant ROI.
- Predictive Analytics – This emerging technology utilizes Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) to discover designs in the gigantic volumes of information that is related with customer interactions and utilizations these 'designs' for predictive scoring and discovery of key business insights. Interaction analytical tools have the ability to automate call order and scoring, use AI and ML to accelerate the process of identifying patterns in the huge volumes of information.
Being an interaction analytics tool, Predictive analytics has numerous contact centre benefits - Predicting outcomes to interactions, for example, the potential for deals to close, or the probability of customer churn. Giving this early understanding empowers the centre manager to brief specialists with the goal that they handle developing customer needs and expectations more effectively.
- Chat bots – A chat bot is a piece of software that can be used in calling or messaging applications that automate processes for a customer in a manner that simulates human interaction, conducting a conversation via audio or text methods. Chat bots are typically used in dialog systems, with the simplest systems scanning for keywords within what’s been input by the customer and then matching that with words and phrases it recognizes, to which it will then respond appropriately.
Chatbots are sophisticated enough to have the option to provide a 'human' approach to automated with computerized interchanges, taking on a portion of the everyday, commonplace assignments, and less complex solicitations. This takes into account a customized administration without depleting the typically comparing HR. Some are even alluring in the event that they are lined up with a viable brand voice.
- Cloud-Based Solutions – Cloud-based contact centre solutions are a growing trend inside the business, with more associations putting resources into cloud contact centres. Cloud contact centres are a development of the on-site call centre system to a cloud-based system, which is typically versatile into cloud contact centres. This emerging technology increases and reduces size with full elasticity to address immediate operational needs in a pay-as-you-go model.
Here, we have outlined the key contact center technologies that you may want to consider for your business. These technologies can help businesses rethink the way they service clients so that they can provide better service and utilize the resources more effectively.